1st January, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi lays foundation stone of light house projects in 6 states. The Light House Projects will showcase the best forms of technology, used for public welfare and light house projects will help support urban housing needs. The Light House Projects will be undertaken at Rajkot in Gujarat, Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, Indore in Madhya Pradesh, Ranchi in Jharkhand, Chennai in Tamil Nadu and Agartala in Tripura.
• The World Health Organization says it has cleared the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for emergency use.
• Countries around the world welcome New Year 2021 with fireworks.
3rd January, Current Affairs:
• Senior Congress leader and former Union minister Buta Singh died at Delhi’s AIIMS. He was 86 years old.
• Drugs Controller General of India, DCGI has given approval for restricted use in emergency situation of two Covid19 vaccines- Serum Institute of India’s Covishield and Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin.
4th January, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister inaugurates National Metrology Conclave 2021 today through video conferencing. The Prime Minister dedicated the National Atomic Timescale and Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya to the nation and laid the foundation stone of the National Environmental Standards Laboratory.
• The world Braille Day is being celebrated today. The day is marked as the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, the inventor of Braille.
5th January, Current Affairs:
• British Prime Minister Boris Johnson cancelled his visit to India, hours after he announced a fresh lockdown in the United Kingdom over the new strain of coronavirus.
• Justice Vineet Kothari took oath as a Judge in Gujarat High Court. He was previously an Acting Chief Justice in Madras High Court.
6th January, Current Affairs:
• Amid the outbreak of Avian Influenza which is also known as Bird Flu, the Centre has set up a Control Room in New Delhi to keep watch on the situation. Till now Bird Flu has been reported from Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala.
• Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh have become the first group of states to complete three out of the four citizen-centric reforms stipulated by the Ministry of Finance. The two states have completed the One Nation, One Ration Card Reforms, Ease of Doing Business Reforms and Urban Local Bodies Reforms.
• Alexander Ellis has been appointed as the new British High Commissioner to India in succession to Sir Philip Barton.
7th January, Current Affairs:
• Four people died, including one woman who was shot by a police officer, amid protests and rioting on Capitol Hill by supporters of Donald Trump.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the world’s first Double Stack Long Haul 1.5-Kilometre long Container Train hauled by electric traction from New Ateli -New Kishangarh through video conference.
• Justice Hima Kohli has become the first woman Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
8th January, Current Affairs:
• The second Covid 19 vaccination dry run in 736 districts across 33 States and Union Territories is being held throughout the country today.
• In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Centre has merged J&K cadre for all India Services with that of Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT).
9th January, Current Affairs:
• Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is observed today.
• An Indonesian budget airline plane with 62 people on board is suspected to have crashed into the sea shortly after the Boeing 737 took off from Jakarta airport.
11th January, Current Affairs:
• The Union Government today placed a purchase order with Serum Institute of India for 11 million doses of Oxford COVID-19 vaccine, Covishield, each costing Rs 210, including the GST.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday interacted with chief ministers of all states to discuss the COVID-19 situation and the vaccination roll-out in the country.
12th January, Current Affairs:
• National Youth Day is celebrated today in India on the occasion of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
• Supreme Court has put a stay on the implementation of the three farm laws until further orders. It has also set up a committee of agricultural experts to facilitate talks between the Centre and farmers’ unions.
• Manipur has become the 4th state in the country to successfully undertake Urban Local Bodies, ULB reforms stipulated by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance. The three other States are Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Telangana.
14th January, Current Affairs:
• Archaeologists have discovered the world’s oldest known cave painting: a life-sized picture of a wild pig that was made at least 45,500 years ago in Indonesia.
• Makar Sankranti, Pongal and Bihu is celebrated in different parts of India.
• President Donald Trump was impeached by the U.S. House for a historic second time. He is charged with “incitement of insurrection” over the deadly mob siege of the Capitol.
• A World Health Organization team of experts probing the origins of the pandemic has landed in Wuhan in central Hubei Province in India.
15th January, Current Affairs:
• India’s first Air Taxi service has been launched in Chandigarh which was inaugurated by Manohar Lal Khattar at the Chandigarh Airport launched under the UDAN scheme of the government.
• 73rd Army Day is celebrated today in India.
Check: Mamata Banerjee Asks Prime Minister Modi To Provide 20 Lakh Doses Of Vaccine To Bangal Government Officials